Recently, I attended a seminar where the Alzheimer's Association made a presentation and handed out some informative information. As the child of a parent with Alzheimer's, I wish I knew some of this when my Mom was first diagnosed. It is definitely worth passing along.
10 Tips for living with Alzheimer's
1. Get help with daily tasks
2. Use memory aides
3. Take safety measures
4. Plan for the future
5. Take your medications as prescribed
6. Have a plan to get around
7. Protect yourself legally and financially
8. Stay active
9. Talk to friends about your memory loss
10. Get support
This sounds simple, but all of them are so important. Please, if you have recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer's or are caring for someone who has been diagnosed - start with these 10 tips and get some assistance as well.
We're here to help.