At The Senior Sage, we're big believers in using technology to make our jobs easier. This latest article on the Huffington Post goes in depth in 5 innovation that make life easier for Senior and their caregivers. The link to the entire article is here.
1. The Touch 3 by Samsung smart phone. Any smart phone is a great idea for a senior, this one has some additional features that make it even more senior friendly.
2. TCL Vibe - It assists the hard-of-hearing to wake up with an extra loud ringer and a vibrating wrist band. Great idea to wake up from an afternoon nap!
3. BeClose - a bit on the more expensive side, but you may wish that you had it when you didn't. It uses discrete wireless sensor in the home to keep track of your loved ones. Sounds creepy, but could be oh so helpful.
4. MedCenter Personalized Reminder Alarm - helps your loved ones remember to take their medications on time.
5. Glucose Buddy App and Quadioarm - no, not a substitute for a doctor's visit but a way to send the doctor information about blood sugar and pressure that may avoid an in-person visit.
Next blog, we'll talk about a smart phone app that we think is vital for the person you care for - and perhaps you as well - an inexpensive way to get help when you need it.
Take Care and Stay Healthy!
Founder, The Senior Sage